The Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the congregation of the Toogoolawah District Baptist Church as well as being involved in and serving our local community.
This includes providing spiritual leadership through preaching/teaching; working with the leadership in establishing and implementing the vision of the church; equipping the congregation for various works of ministry; and through the shepherding of the people in partnership with the Leadership, Ministry Leaders and Home/Small Group Leaders.
The Pastor will possess the following:
- A clear testimony of saving faith in Jesus Christ
- A character that exhibits the qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1 – 7; Titus 1:6 – 9; and 1 Peter 5:2-4
- A Christ-like attitude of humility and servant leadership
- A lifestyle demonstrating consistent spiritual and moral characteristics that are in harmony with the Scriptures
- A proven record of working well with others and a commitment to a team approach to ministry
- A commitment to personal accountability with the Elders and Leadership Team.
- Be registered with the Baptist Union of Queensland or eligible for registration
- Five (5) years of experience in pastoral ministry
- Evidence of the pursuit of ongoing professional growth through continuing professional development and education opportunities
- Hold a current Working with Children Blue Card
- Safe Ministry Training.
Toogoolawah District Baptist Church is required to adhere to the Qld Baptists ‘Safe Places’ and their ‘Code of Ethics and Ministry Practice’ for Qld Baptist Ministers.
Terms of Employment
- Remuneration as per the current Queensland Baptists Ministerial Remuneration Guidelines for Registered Ministers
- The Pastor will be employed initially for 4 days per week
- The Pastor will be the main speaker on Sundays (other speakers as organised by the leadership team) and speak at least 3 Sundays a month
- 4 weeks per annum annual leave (with dates agreed upon between him and the leadership team); 10 days paid personal/sick leave; superannuation paid to his designated super fund each quarter
- The Senior Pastor will receive 1 weekend off per school term (with dates agreed upon between him and the leadership team).
- The Senior Pastor will report directly to the Elders; and be accountable to the Membership of TDBC
- The Senior Pastor will undertake professional supervision
- We recommend the Senior Pastor meet with a mentor regularly
The Role of the Senior Pastor will include
- Providing leadership support and encouragement to all the congregation
- Providing encouragement in their spiritual growth and discipleship
- Preaching the word of God to the congregation
- Devoting time to spiritual, mental, physical growth and development
- Provide pastoral care for Toogoolawah District Baptist Church and our local community
- Involvement in local community events
- Be a spokesperson for Toogoolawah District Baptist Church and within the wider community.
Toogoolawah District Baptist Church Profile
Our Vision Statement
To be a church committed to following Jesus.
Committed to the family of Jesus.
And bringing others to Jesus.
We have a website:https://www.toogoolawahbaptist.com, plus a Public Facebook and a Members Only Facebook page.
The population of Toogoolawah is approximately 1,400 and is located on the Brisbane Valley Highway in the Somerset Regional Shire. Toogoolawah is conveniently located to Caboolture, Ipswich and Toowoomba, being approximately an hour away from each.
Toogoolawah is a rural town, it used to be mainly dairying but is now hay making and beef cattle, only 3 dairies are left. It may be small but is a busy town. There is an IGA, BP service station, three pubs, 3 coffee shops and other smaller specialty shops, many of them with an art/craft focus.
The Condensery (from dairying days) has been converted into a Gallery and exhibits local and outside artists. For sporting, we have a Bowls Club, a Golf Club, a Cricket Club, a Tennis Club and a Pony Club. We have our own pool, and a new 24/7 gym has just been completed.
There is an active Over 50’s group in the Toogoolawah/Esk area. We also have Alkira which is an Aged Care facility providing hostel care plus independent units. Blue Care through the Uniting Church also adds to the care of our elderly in town.
Employment opportunities in the area are through the IGA, Alkira and the local shops. We also have the Coast & Country Bus Company located in Toogoolawah and some of our locals drive the school buses. For schooling, we have our own Primary and High School in the town.
Toogoolawah is on the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail and the thousands of visitors and riders have greatly increased the busyness of our shops and accommodation options in town. Plus, we have Ramblers Sky Diving just outside of town and you can regularly see parachutes floating through the air. Ramblers is a world recognized facility and you can often hear many varied accents in the local shops as parachutists come to jump and compete there.
Toogoolawah District Baptist Church was constituted at a members’ meeting in 1956. The Constitution has been reviewed in 2003 and 2010, with a further review pending in 2023.
Currently the church meets each Sunday morning at 9.30am in the Activity Hall of the local primary school. Morning tea follows the service as a way of fellowship and getting to know newcomers to the area.
Due to services closing with COVID in 2019-2020, services were held in the local park and this has continued on the first Sunday of each month. It is a more informal time of communion, worship and sharing and includes breakfast over summer and a sausage sizzle over winter. Our prayer is that our presence in the park is noticed by our community.
Leadership & Membership
Toogoolawah District Baptist Church’s current Leadership team consists of two Elders and three Deacons.
Church membership is approximately fifteen members with attendance on Sunday ranging from thirty to forty. Our church is a mix of retirees in their seventies, working couples in their 50’s and 60’s and four families with children at high school and primary school and younger.
The church has involvement in the following areas of ministry: KYB (Know Your Bible), Mens’ and Ladies’ groups, Ladies’ Prayer morning and nightly Home/small Groups. Sunday School is held during the morning service.
Our church is heavily involved in the annual Christmas Carols which are held in the local park in December. We have also run the sausage sizzle twice a year at the local markets. It is a small fundraiser but mostly used to meet people in our local community and be a Church presence.
Over the years we have supported the Samaritans Purse program by preparing and sending Christmas Boxes. We have also provided Christmas gifts and hampers to various families in our local schools and community through the local Red Cross. We have also contributed financially and with non perishable items to the Christmas hampers distributed by LJ Hooker Esk and Toogoolawah. It is our desire to find more opportunities such as these to bless our community.
Toogoolawah District Baptist Church currently supports God’s work within the local area and overseas. We tithe 10% of our own tithes each quarter to an Orphanage in Lesotho Africa, local Scripture Union Chaplaincy, a Student Welfare Lunch Program at the local Primary School, plus we willingly give to local families as we become aware of their needs.
As a Church we are also fully committed to purchasing our own building and supporting a new Pastor and tithes have increased as families have pledged and committed for these. We are currently looking at some of the options for purchase in our town and there is a great sense of excitement within the church family as we wait for God to provide and prepare ourselves for the ministry opportunities our own building will enable.
Link to Job Lisitng
Please connect with us via that contact page, or
Email expressions of interest to
Subject line: Senior Pastor Position